http://tplinkwifi.net Login Page
The user must change the username and password for their modem router once they initially login to their modem. This is because the default information is available to everybody to help them login to their modem routers for the first time when the router is in its default factory settings. If the user doesn’t change the default username and password for their modem router, the user’s network will become unsecured and anyone can connect to their network and modify it using the default information without the users’ permission.
Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to change the username and password for the TP-Link TD W8968 Wireless Modem Router:
- Open any internet browser and type http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. The user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router.
- The login page will display where the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for most of the routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in, the Quick Setup will display. Click Next to get started.
- In the Quick Setup page, click the Wireless Network Name option. Here, the user can enter the new username for their network.
- Under that, the user will see the Wireless Security tab. Here, a field will be provided where the user can enter the new passphrase for their network.
Make sure that you do not share your password with just anybody except the people you wish to share it with.
- Click Save to save the changes made. Click Finish.
Once the user has changed the default username and password, the user will have to reconnect all their devices to the network using the new username and password.
If the user is facing some issues with the modem router while setting it up, the user can reset the modem router and start from the beginning again.
Warning: Make sure that you do not enter any sensitive information in the username of your modem. The username is still visible to other devices in the coverage area of the modem router. Make sure that there are no password hints in the username as well.
Also, keep in mind that the strength of the new password should be strong and that the new password is very hard for other people to guess.