How to determine the issue of unstable internet connection to my TP-Link TP-Link AC5400 Tri-band Router?
You can come across the issue of dropping and unstable connection in your mobile, laptops, computers, and other smart devices that are connecting from your wireless router via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. There can be plenty of reasons that can arise such issues to wireless Wi-Fi routers. Follow the below-mentioned resolutions to sort such issues.
- Always pertain to use an Ethernet cable to make relation with your entire end-devices, while making them hooked to the network of Wi-Fi router.
- If it is not working, then you can contact to your ISPs or you can also contact to front-device support desk tplinkwifi.com
- If your wired connection is working properly, that means there is a problem with your wireless connection.
- In this situation Check the connection that is it able to get restored automatically after a couple of minutes. Also check the LEDs over the router, if it is not stable then you have to remove the wireless interference. Keep your router away from the wireless interference.
- Check the firmware version of your router. If it is out of date, then you have to update the firmware of the router first, then reboot the router to accept the current version of the router by your router.
If your entire devices keep on dropping connection from the internet
- In this case, you need to be logged into the web management interface of your TP-Link AC5400 Tri-band Gaming Router
- Visit to WAN IP address by logging into your router, default Gateway and DNS server of your router.
- Describe all the parameters of your issue or you can take a screenshot of the errors, and save it to the system log, and then go to ADVANCED>SYSTEM TOOLS> SYSTEM LOG.
- At last connect to the support team at www.tplinkwifi.net to get more solutions to your issues.
- If still, the problem is alive and troubling your Wi-Fi connection, then attach the chief Deco to the Secondary Deco, using the Ethernet cord. Now you can run the setup process again.
- Another powerful step is to unplug the main Deco from the modem. Reboot both the devices, the modem and the Deco router.
- After a while plugin the main Deco back to your modem, and wait for the LEDs to turns solid green.
- Now you have to set up the main Deco again. At any face of trouble or any other issue you face, they can contact our technicians via Tplinkwifilogin.net and get more about these resolutions.