Secure TP-Link WIFI router TD-W9970 VDSL2 that is a USB + Modem router
- To initialize the process, you need to open the browser on your mobile or PC. At the URL bar, type the IP address or the web address of your Tplink WIFI router that is http://192.168.1.1 and https://tplinkwifi.com In the second step you have to input the router’s password and the user name, just on the login page on your screen. Both of these terms are ADMIN for your Tplink TD-W9970 VDSL2 router. To open the wireless setting page, you are required to select wireless, then wireless settings. Now to configure and secure your settings click to “Enable Wireless Security” and thus your security settings will be enabled.
- In the field of security type, there will be such options for you, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK.
- In the field of Security Option, there will be options such as WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK.
- In the Encryption area, there will be options for you, like TKIP or AES.
- The PSK phrases that you need to type your default or custom password into the required box.
- At last save the settings by hitting the SAVE tab.
- The length of the PSK phrases can carry 8 to 63 characters. It should be confidential.
Change the WIFI password of your Tplinkwifi.net TD-W9970 VDSL2 router
Connect your computer to the WIFI network of your TP-Link wireless router, then you need to open a web browser, such as Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc. Goo to the address bar of your browser, and type http://tplinkwifi.net. or you can input the IP address that is 192.168.1.1 in the following way: http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1
Ensure the default access address of your router by scrolling your mouse down the page. Just after putting in these details, you will instantly get a prompt to enter the username or password of your router. Get these two credentials from the printed slip on your router and enter the prompted place. By default, the user name is ADMIN and ADMIN itself is the default password for your router. Now the next term is to select a strong and difficult password that none of the outsiders can approach it.
Keep in mind the few important things while replacing your SSID
The password must be of 8-12 characters or more than that can be included. Include lots of different characters in your routers, like numbers, symbols, special characters, and signs, etc. You should also keep on replacing and modifying your tplinkrouterlogin.net password after every 90 to 180 days. This keeps your WIFI network far away from the clutch of hackers or stealers. The password that you are going to set up, should not be very short or too long. A very short password can be cracked easily, and a very long password would be difficult to memorize, so keep it up to 10 to 20 characters only. Do not use your name, address and a simple phrase that most of the other can guess easily. Once a password you have used, do not try to keep the same password ever in the future. Never share your password with any other except a few trustworthy members of your family. If you want a copy of your password, then try to write it to some safest place, so that others cannot reach there easily.
- After making a successful login, you need to set the new SSID. For this click to the “2.4 GHz wireless”, and then visit to “Wireless Settings”.
- Now, confirm the new network name after changing. This is the name that others, nearby you can also see while searching for the WIFI network.
- In some of the models, to manage these settings, you need to go to ADVANCED>WIRELESS>WIRELESS SETTINGS.
- The next click should be on the tab “Wireless Security” and now you can write your new and special password.
Come down and save the settings. For security version, opt WPA2-PSK. In some of the models go to Security Version and then you have to select WPA2-PSK as your wireless settings, and then you can change your wireless WIFI name that is going to be the new password for your WIFI router. Do not close the process before saving the settings.